On Saturday, February 6, 2010, 24 teams of university/college students gathered in six provinces to compete in Round One of the 2010 CES – CESEF Student Evaluation Case Competition. They were given five hours to design an evaluation plan for the Canadian Evaluation Society Professional Designations Program. Congratulations to all the Round One competitors on a job well done in tackling this complex case!
The 24 teams who competed are:
- Carleton University, Public Policy and Administration, On Point Consulting
- Carleton University, Public Policy and Administration, Prism Consulting Inc.
- Carleton University, Public Policy and Administration, Tiresias
- Georgian College, Research Analyst Post-graduate, Noema
- Georgian College, Research Analyst Program, Lightbulb Innovations
- Georgian College, Research Analyst Program (Post-Graduate), Open Horizons
- Georgian College, Research Analyst Program, Quintessentials Consulting
- Georgian College, Research Analyst Program, The Evaluators
- Memorial University of Newfoundland, School of Nursing, An Apple a Day Consulting
- Memorial University of Newfoundland, Psychology, Catonian Consultants
- Memorial University of Newfoundland, Psychology, ICE Consulting Inc.
- Memorial University of Newfoundland, School of Nursing, King Analysts
- OISE, University of Toronto, Human Development and Applied Psychology, Global 5
- Regina, Psychology, OKEC, Ltd.
- Regina, Psychology, Synergy
- Université Laval, Département de médecine préventive et sociale, C.L.E.F de l'horizon
- University of Alberta, Educational Psychology, HAARK Consulting
- University of Guelph, School of Environmental Design and Rural Development, Wellington Special Professional Associates
- University of Ottawa, Education, Peek Performance Consulting Inc.
- University of Ottawa, Education, The Evaluation DESK
- University of Saskatchewan, Applied Social Psychology, Outlier Consulting Group
- University of Victoria, Public Administration, The Windmill Group
- University of Waterloo, Health Studies and Gerontology, Evaluation without Borders
- University of Waterloo, Health Studies and Gerontology, Sustainable Solutions
And the three finalist teams are...
- ICE Consulting, Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Outlier Consulting Group, University of Saskatchewan
- The Evaluation Desk, University of Ottawa
We would like to thank all the teams, coaches, and judges who participated in Round One. All teams will be provided feedback on their submissions shortly.
We invite all those attending the CES National Conference in Victoria, British Columbia May 2-5, 2010 to observe the Final Round of the Case Competition which will be held during the conference. Come out and support our next generation of evaluators!
2010 Case Competition Working Group